FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is RiSA?
- Is RiSA linked to an international organisation?
- Which acts protect music?
- Why is music piracy/counterfeiting illegal?
- Who is effected by music piracy/counterfeiting?
- Why is it such a big deal if you buy pirated music?
- What happens if you are caught dealing in infringing copies of music?
- Which criminal offences are set out in the Copyright and Counterfeit Goods Acts?
- How do I know if I'm buying an original music cassette?
- How do I know if I'm buying an original music CD or DVD?
- What do I do if I know someone who is pirating music?
- Why can't I make a backup copy of a music CD for my car?
- Which artists' music is most counterfeited in South Africa?
For purposes of this section (FAQ) any reference to "pirate" or "pirated" should be construed to include "counterfeit" or "counterfeited".